Thursday 22 January 2009

'I' by Alexa Wright

Alexa Wright in her project titled 'I' digitally manipulated self portraits and superimposed disabilities to make different versions of herself.  About this she says "On realising that all the portraits are of the same person i hope the viewer will begin to question their reaction to seeing a disabled body, and to perceive the disability as separate from the person." 
(Avaliable at http://www.alteregoinstallation.co.uk/main_site/ipg.html)
This is similar to what i want to do with my project.  I can also draw inspiration from Alexa Wrights work from the way she composes her photographs.  I like the subtlety of her images and the openness of them.  She uses large open spaces and gives her figures a lot of room to breathe.  

In my images, like in hers i want the weirdness about them to be subtle.  I intend to look completely different as i dress up as each person but i want the subtle repetition of my face to be a disturbing factor.